During the first few weeks of winter, you might find yourself battling a cold. Luckily there are different food recipes that can help you get rid of the sniffles. You can drink the classic bowl of chicken noodle soup, or you can go for something heartier – like our fit and fresh cuisine chili recipe.
The best thing about chili is that you can easily swap a bunch of ingredients to give you the result you’d prefer. For example, if you hate mushrooms, you can easily replace it with tofu or some extra peppers. If you love spicy foods, you can also include turmeric and chili powder in the mix.
The vegetarian chili recipe for this fit and fresh cuisine includes ingredients that will take away your cold completely. These ingredients include garlic, black beans, chili powder and other sources of proteins!
Fit and Fresh Cuisine Chili Recipe
- 2 tbsp of coconut or olive oil
- 1 large bell of red pepper
- 1 medium-sized ball of onions
- 2 medium-sized carrots
- ½ tsp of salt
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 tbsp of chili powder
- 4 minced cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- 1 ½ tsp of smoked paprika
- 2 cans of black beans
- 1 big can of diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 can of pinto beans
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- Start by chopping the onion ball and mincing garlic. Mix both ingredients together and put them in a small bowl.
- Chop the other vegetables and leave them in separate bowls.
- Take out a large pot and pour oil in it. Add the onion and garlic combination and put it a stove set to medium heat. Stir the onion/garlic mix for 5 minutes, ensuring the onions are translucent.
- Add the remaining chopped vegetables and salt.
- Leave the mixture to simmer for about 5 minutes to ensure they are cooked.
- Add the chili powder, paprika, cumin, and oregano. If you love your chili extra spicy, add half a teaspoon of cayenne. Stir them all into the pot for about a minute.
- Add the diced tomato and its juice. If you want your chili to be thick, allow the tomatoes condense for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the bay leaf and vegetable broth and stir again.
- Add the pinto bean and drained black beans. Take down your chili and let it simmer for about 30 minutes. Then transfer one and a half cup of chili to a food processor or blender and blend it until it is smooth. Add it into your chili and stir it to give it some texture.
- You can taste it for salt and spices. If it’s up to taste, serve it with garnishes such as sour cream, cilantro or avocado.
This delicious fit and fresh cuisine recipe will help you recover in no time!
Still hungry? Also try our delicious Southern homestyle cuisine recipe for cornbread dressing!