Carne Asada Fries Recipe from San Diego, California
If there is something San Diego is known for it is its rich culture and whimsical meals, one of such meals is the Carne Asada Fries which we will be sharing in this article.
This recipe is extremely good some persons swear by it. These Fries are crispy and topped with so many goodies they are irresistible. It is hard to get these Fries if you don’t live in San Diego, California. Imagine missing such goodness just because of your location, this is why we have compiled this recipe so that you can make these Fries wherever you are and enjoy such delicious goodness from any location. This recipe is not that hard to make and we have simplified it further without taking from its rich, unique taste of it. They are packed with calories that you could be conscious of when you make them yourself.
- Four ounces of diced steak: use the steak that is most suited to your taste and budget.
- Fries: making Fries is quite basic, fried Fries are better for this recipe than baked, you can use frozen Fries if you cannot prepare your Fries from scratch.
- Pico De Gallo: this is optional, you could do with or without it.
- Guacamole: preferably creamy, this should be mixed with sour cream and should be very smooth.
Making Carne Asada Fries
- You should dice the steak, add salt, garlic powder, black pepper then leave it to marinate after mixing it well enough. This can happen while you prepare your guacamole.
- Pour your chopped garlic, onion, tomatoes, cilantro, pepper (serrano) into a bowl, add salt and fresh lime juice; leave to marinate. Use this time to attend to your guacamole.
- To make your creamy guacamole use mashed avocado, put it in a bowl, add sour cream, garlic, salt, and juice of a lime, mix it vigorously until it becomes creamy then leave it.
- Make your Fries: you can bake this or fry it, this depends on your preference and taste.
- Put one tablespoon of oil into a skillet and heat it, put the seasoned diced steak and cook it to taste.
- Add cheese to your Fries and put in the oven for a couple of minutes for the cheese to melt on the cheese.
- Let the meat cool then put them on top of the cheese on top of the Fries then put everything back into the oven.
- After everything is hot pour the pico de gallo(optional), sour cream, slices of jalapeño, cheese, and guacamole on top of it. Add hot sauce and serve. It should be served when it is hot.
This is a very versatile recipe that gives you room to add or remove things from the recipe as you desire, this makes it very versatile and adaptive to whatever circumstance and taste, and a group of persons. You can make this for your kids, you can make it for your friends as snacks during a movie, game, or just hanging out and chilling.