Classic Cocktail: Melon Baller Recipe
From milkshakes to wine slushies, we’ve been trying different delicacies this year to eliminate that nonstop quench. Now we are going into the fridge trying out different recipes from frozen yogurt to many other epic drinks, some utilizing popsicles, ice cubes, and more.
Now our interest for the day is a ’90s drink – the melon baller recipe – and how to make it perfectly at home. These sugary drinks will become one of your favorites. Made from mixing the famous Japanese liquor Midori (Musk Melon flavored), vodka, and freshly squeezed orange juice. This concoction takes advantage of fresh watermelon balls.
Making these watermelon balls involves getting both fresh juice and watermelon. This recipe also involves making use of orange juice in the mixture, but it can also be swapped with fresh pinnacle juice or even grape juice. The concoction utilizes the tangy flavor from the orange juice and gives it that shining and attractive look.
No matter your desired fruit, it is sure to turn out great if the fruits used are fresh so as not to compromise taste and quality. Instead of using just any type of melon for the melon balls, you could try out this cocktail’s traditional fruits like honeydew, cantaloupe, and watermelon.
First off, you’re going to need a melon baller tool for scooping out fresh melon into its perfectly round shape.
- Now spread out your wide sheet tray with parchment paper and scoop those melon balls onto a layer of the pan on a line.
- Put the sheet pan in the freezer until your melon balls are perfectly cold (15 minutes or more) and ready for use.
- Now to even make this drink more classy than it already is, you can add some mint leaves since mint and melon can work as a pair to complement each other and add that mint taste.
Note: if your melon baller instrument isn’t available, you can make the melon ball into any possible shapes you prefer. Now let’s see to make the perfect cocktail melon ball.
Cocktail Melon Baller Recipe
First off, you need to get all the necessary ingredients for this classy drink. This cocktail takes a preparation time of about 10 minutes and two servings.
- 1 oz of vodka
- 2 oz of Midori
- Ice cubes
- Freshly squeezed orange juice to top up
- Traditional fresh honeydew, cantaloupe, and watermelon balls perfectly choppe.
- Pour in ice cubes in a glass.
- Now properly mix the vodka, Midori and your freshly squeezed orange juice into the glass.
- Top up the drink with your cantaloupe, honeydew, and watermelon (preferably skewed) with all your most preferred top-up style to make your drink more classy to your taste.
That’s all for today, but you can also try different recipes and whip up your preferred style of serving, making sure you enjoy a fizzy and fun drink in a way you can achieve your true taste delight.