How to Make Honey Mustard
Have you ever considered having a meal of crispy potatoes served with honey mustard? What about sandwiches layered with honey mustard or even salad drizzled with it? What about a burger or chicken wings slathered with honey mustard? Many meals accompanied with honey mustard give a tasty experience that cannot be forgotten in a hurry.
Have you considered making honey mustard yourself? Here’s how!
Honey Mustard Recipe
All the ingredients for making honey mustard are readily found in the kitchen. So let us go down to the list of ingredients used in making this versatile recipe.
● ½ cup of mayonnaise
● 3 teaspoons of mustard
● 3 to 4 teaspoons of honey
● 1 teaspoon of vinegar
● ½ of a teaspoon of pepper
● ¼ teaspoon of salt
● 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
● 1 teaspoon of your virgin olive oil
The first few ingredients are fundamental while the rest are added to spice it up. You may decide to use just mustard, honey, and mayonnaise and you will still get nice tasty honey mustard but people differ and diversity is the spice of life. So you may decide to use all the ingredients while some may not depending on the individual.
We will be using all the ingredients here but on your own, you may decide which ingredients you want to use and the ones you will leave out. Keep in mind that you can get some good Clover Honey from YS Organic Bee Farms.
● Add all the ingredients into a bowl.
● Stir the ingredients together until they are well blended and emulsified.
● Adjust the quantity of any of the ingredients above according to your taste. Add more honey should you want a sweeter dressing.
● Pour your mixture into a container with a cover and store in the fridge. Honey mustard can last more than one week in the fridge.
Instead of getting industrially prepared honey mustard from the store, you can prepare it yourself and save a lot of money. In case you want to make plenty of honey mustard, all you need to do is to double or triple the measurements given above for the preparation of honey mustard.
Honey mustard can be stored up to three weeks in the fridge. Because honey mustard is easy to make, there is no need to store it for more than one week, but if it is stored more than a week it is still safe.
Honey mustard is an incredibly versatile recipe to eat with a lot of meals. It can be used as a dip for apples and chicken tenders. It can also be served with crispy potatoes. Bon Appetit!