Is Mayo or Butter Better for Grilled Cheese?
If you’re a genuine lover of grilled cheese sandwiches, then I’m sure you must have come across people on different occasions who argued how it’s better to use mayo instead of butter.
I’ve tried using either of them for my grilled cheese sandwiches, but I really didn’t take notice of anything as I wasn’t really interested in comparing them.
But, when I met people who were hell-bent about why you should use one in place of each other, I quickly made up my mind to try out the two and patiently note the difference.
Using both to make grilled cheese tastes quite yummy! Very, yummy. So, I will take my time to review my results for both of them here.
Grilled Cheese Recipe with Mayo
Okay, through the use of bread, and some slices of cheese, I made some grilled cheese.
I used both spreads as a tool for the finishing and I must say that mayo really spreads better! I never checked until recently.
Here’s how I made mine below.
● Place a non-stick pan over low heat and heat it up.
● Ensure that the slices of bread you are using are coated the same amount of mayo.
● Pick one of the slices, take the part that has mayo, and place it inside the pan.
● Take your cheese and put it on the top of your bread.
● Place the second slice in the pan but have the part that has mayo up.
● Keep cooking for 3-4 minutes on each side until you notice that the downside of the bread is beginning to turn brown. Turn the other parts not touching the pan and bring the pan down when all parts turn brown.
And, that’s it! Enjoy your grilled mayo cheese sandwich. I’m sure you can’t wait to have a taste!
Why Do I Prefer Mayo to Butter?
1. It’s easier to use.
Unlike butter, having to spread perfectly with mayo has never been an issue, because it’s very soft and practically follows your lead.
For butter and sometimes even margarine, you will need the two spreads that always require that you make them a little softer by trying to Hit them up at least. No one wants to really go through that sort of stress all the time.
2. It feels more crispy.
Not only does it feel more crispy, but it’s also tastier and has a darker brown color.
The better way to get the most of your cheese while using mayo is to ensure that you leave it on the saucepan for as long as possible.
3. It has a more presentable look.
It appears a lot more brown and reveals an inviting look.
Now that you’ve seen how to make this and you’ve found out that which tries better, are you going to try it? I guess yes!