Try This Baked Panko Breading Fish Recipe
Most people like fish, because it is a tasty, healthy alternative to beef and other types of meat.
This recipe can be made with fish fillets that are mild. By using panko crumb to coat the fillets, the fish fillets remain crisp, and because you use an oven, cooking it is quite easy. This is a method of preparing fish fillets that are healthier than frying the fish, it is, therefore, a sweet alternative.
This type of fish is made with panko crumbs that are essentially breadcrumbs, but they are made specially so that even after cooking them they still remain crispy. They were made and used in Japan first but now they are used all over the world, this is mainly because they do not absorb as much grease or oil as regular breadcrumbs.
Panko crumbs can be used for several other things which include toppings for casseroles, meatballs, and meatloaf fillers. They are reputed to be one of the best types of breadcrumbs, and they can be substituted with toasted crumbs, cracker meal, and melba toast that are crushed.
You can serve this fish with a side of coleslaw and chips or potatoes that are roasted, tartar sauce, and slices of lemon.
Panko Breading Fish Recipe
· 1-2 lbs Fish fillets, (catfish, cod, or pollock)
· Pepper, for taste.
· Salt, for taste
· ¼ cup Flour
· 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
· 2 tbsp Chopped parsley
· 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
· 2-3 Eggs
· 2-3 tbsp Mayonnaise
· Tartar sauce
· Heat your oven to the controlled temperature of 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
· Use a baking sheet, cover it with foil or baking paper, and apply the nonstick substance for cooking on it.
· Cut the pieces of the fish into the size that you desire. We would recommend 6 oz per portion.
· Sprinkle the portions with your salt and pepper to taste.
· Mix the panko crumbs with your chopped parsley.
· Your flour should be in a bowl.
· Mix your eggs with mayonnaise and seasoning.
· Take the portions of the fish and put in the bowl with flour for coating, put the coated portions into the whisked egg, afterwards coat them with the panko crumbs appropriately.
· Arrange them on the sheet and bake for fifteen to twenty minutes or till it is ready.
· Prepare your lemons, plates and side dishes.
· Take your prepared dishes from the oven and serve them accordingly with the sauce and everything.
This recipe is packed full of nutrients, including beneficial omega 3 essential fatty acids. You can also get omega 3s from healthy supplements like Klaire Labs’ Omega-3 Mini Fish Oil and Marine Fish Oil. Bon appetit!