World Flavors: Try This Jamaican Pork Chops Recipe
As humans, life would have been boring if there is only one kind of food and just one flavor in the world. But, fortunately for us, there are so many varieties of food with different great flavors around us. Today, we are going to talk about a special delicacy, which is, Jamaican pork chops.
There are different kinds of Jamaican pork chops and so are there different methods of preparation. In this article, we will focus mainly on the oven-baked Jamaican pork chops recipe.
Jamaican Pork Chops Recipe
Marinate the meat in the true Jamaican way and season with black pepper, garlic, onion, and salt. Is it necessary for the meat to be marinated for several hours? The answer is no. But, have it at the back of your mind that if you do not marinate it for hours, it may not have that same taste as when you do. So many people out there have been in expectation of this recipe. So, if you are among them, this article is fully dedicated to you.
Now, let us get back to business. Before we proceed to the method of preparation, let us first list out the marinating ingredients that you need, and then, we will talk about the sauce ingredients.
· 5-6 pork chops
· 1 chopped medium onion
· 3 minced garlic cloves
· 1 tbsp of salt
· ½ half tbsp of black pepper
· Cooking oil
· 1 chopped medium onion
· 1/4 small chopped red bell pepper
· 1/4 small chopped green bell pepper
· 1/2 tbsp of dry thyme
· 1 tbsp of butter
· 1/2 tbsp of heated pepper sauce
· 1 tbsp of steak sauce
· 1-2 tbsp of tomato ketchup
· 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
Marinate your meat all through the night inside the fridge, seasoned with black pepper, garlic, onion, and salt.
Preheat your oven to 360⁰.
· Now, your baking pan has to be greased with small cooking oil. Then, the chops you marinate inside a pan and place the pan in the oven that has been preheated.
· After it has lasted for about 20 minutes inside the oven, keep the marinated meat tender and moist by adding up to ¼ cup of clean boiling water. Then, bake the chopped pork for an additional 20 minutes and take the pan away from the oven.
· The next thing to do is to bring a saucepan for you to pour in the drippings that are in the pan. Add thyme, onion, and bell peppers, and allow it to boil.
· Add steak sauce, tomato ketchup, margarine or butter, Worcestershire sauce, and hot pepper sauce. Stir continuously and simmer until the onion becomes transparent and soft. Season with salt to bring out the taste.
· Pour the sauce on the top of the chopped pork and put it back inside the oven and leave it there for about 5 minutes.
· Take the pan away from the oven. Now, you have your delicious Jamaican pork chops. Serve with green salad and rice.
You can now enjoy your Jamaican pork chops at home.